i4SCADA is 100% web-based SCADA/HMI software, with which state-of-the-art process visualisations with individual design for machines, production and manufacturing plants, as well as building management systems can be created.
i4SCADA – the state of the art of SCADA/HMI software
With i4SCADA the user benefits from these advantages:
- Provided with a safety certificate in accordance with the CERT standard, i4SCADA is ideally suited for use in safety-relevant networks and environments.
- Thanks to powerful rights management, control functions are carried out safely and reliably.
- Extensive libraries with more than 500 controls for a wide variety of applications, and easy-to-create project templates minimize engineering time – extending to automatic generation of applications.
- 100% web technology and responsive design ensure optimal display of visualisation pages on all browsers, all end devices; independently of the operating system.
HTML5 visualisation through drag & drop
Create 100% web-based process visualisation in a few minutes via drag & drop? With the i4SCADA SmartEditor this is possible.
Thanks to its intuitive user interface, after a short familiarisation period, even users without programming skills can create professional process visualisations in HTML5 and with responsive design in no time at all.
i4SCADA symbol library
Easy design of process visualisations
The i4SCADA symbol Library currently offers more than 500 different HTML5 controls – including various first-class controls for professional design of your process visualisation.
- Static symbols, such as different tank shapes for process engineering applications, floor plans for building management systems, presentation of the background with colour gradients and a large number of symbols for general use.
- Elements for input and output of numeric and alphanumeric values, including plausibility check. For end devices with touch screen a country-specific keyboard can be shown.
- Text displays with freely selectable font and style, as well as dynamic transition from background colour to foreground colour depending on signal values.
- Switches and pushbuttons for switching units on and off, and for setting values. Every switch can also be parameterised as a pushbutton.
- Numeric display and seven-segment displays for output of numeric values with physical units in a freely-definable display format. Foreground and background colour can be changed over depending on PLC variables.
- Gauges for graphic display of values on a display scale; scaling and colours can be freely selected.
- HVAC controls that are predominantly used in building automation.
- ISA symbols for presentation as RI schema.
Manage project databases professionally
With i4SCADA Studio, project databases can be created, edited and managed on the basis of Microsoft SQL Server: Here communication with the subordinate PLC systems can be configured, or process variables can be created through import, or they can be created manually via input dialogs. In addition to setting up i4SCADA Historian and i4SCADA Alarm Manager, i4SCADA Studio enables parameterisation of different languages, user management, script libraries, and add-ons.
i4SCADA speaks all languages
i4SCADA process visualisations can be switched to all major languages at runtime. With i4SCADA Studio, standard texts can be extended with project-specific texts and new languages can be added. The default language with which the process visualisation starts, and the languages available for the user can be set for each project. The user can export all texts as a CSV or XML file, and re-import the file after it has been edited.
i4SCADA User management
Efficiently regulate user activities
With user management from i4SCADA, user activities such as setpoint changes, acknowledgement of alarms and changing or storing configuration settings can be enabled and disabled. The user management also includes all functions necessary for FDA certification in accordance with 21 CFR Part 11.
Features of i4SCADA User management
- User management during project creation and at runtime.
- Aggregation of authorisations into authorisation groups and user inheritance.
- Activation and de-activation of users at any time.
- Adjustable, automatic user logout.
- Restriction of user logout to one or multiple clients via the PC name or the IP address.
- User deactivation after a configurable number of failed login attempts.
- Guidelines for password aging, minimum length, history and password structure.
- Creating and changing a super administrator with i4SCADA Studio.
- Recording of all user activities in the operations log.
Smart algorithms for large quantities of data
The i4SCADA Server makes optimum use of available hardware resources – it also processes large quantities of process values from the connected PLC systems almost in real time. Via high-performance, smart push algorithms the i4SCADA Server distributes the preprocessed data without delay to the visualisation clients, and it does so at low network load. Only the data that each client needs at the current time is transmitted.
Storing and processing process information
i4SCADA Historian is an integral component of i4SCADA Runtime: i4SCADA Runtime collects process data almost in real time and stores it in the i4SCADA Historian database. Thanks to the scalable architecture and integrated data compression algorithm, i4SCADA stores the process information in an optimized manner at an extremely low TCO.
For further processing and analysis the data can be transmitted to i4connected, Azure IoT and to other systems via available interfaces. i4SCADA Historian is optimised for use of state-of-the-art hardware and the latest features of Microsoft SQL Server.
With extremely powerful HTML5 control, the data from i4SCADA Historian can be presented together with the online process values in freely configurable graphics, for example as trend curves, bar charts, etc. The versatile settings options can be stored globally, as well as user-specifically (depending on user access rights), and then called-up again.
i4SCADA Alarm Manager
Trigger and display online alarms
The i4SCADA Alarm Manager is an integral component of i4SCADA Runtime – it links the online process values with the stored alarm rules to online alarms in real time. Thanks to classification according to alarm groups, alarm classes and alarm areas, the Alarm Viewer Control displays the alarm messages precisely filtered for the responsible employee. In i4SCADA Studio, alarms can be created in a menu-driven process, or they can be imported as CSV file.
Functions of i4SCADA Alarm Manager
- Combining alarms into collective alarms and their acknowledgement with or without comment input.
- Output of additional information, such as alarm description, duration, status, etc.
- Determination of alarm processing routines and display options.
- Context menu with various acknowledgement options.
- Operator guidance for fast troubleshooting with display of cause, effect and fault rectification instructions.
- Powerful filtering options with multiple selection, e.g. filters for groups and types.
- Availability of all functions via a powerful API; can be called directly from the program code.
Connecting all major controllers
In addition to OPC UA, i4SCADA has a large number of native interfaces for connecting all major controllers – this means that the user is independent of hardware manufacturers.
Additional functions according to individual requirements
We offer individual solutions for special requirements. With i4SCADA add-ons the function scope of i4SCADA Runtime can be extended as needed. The modular concept makes it possible to freely combine the add-ons.
Direct and reliable fault messaging
Immediately after they occur, i4SCADA Messenger forwards operating messages, faults and alarms to the responsible on-call personnel via mobile, landline, SMS or email. The alarm can also be output as voice message in the respective national language. The module can be connected to your HR and ERP systems via standard interfaces – i4SCADA Messenger takes sickness notifications, shift changes and holidays into account when forwarding alarms.
Functions of i4SCADA Messenger
- Alerts the responsible service personnel directly, quickly and securely.
- Automatic escalation management with confirmation of receipt – if there is no response the information will be sent to the next employee in the notification chain.
- Convenient management of employees and on-call schedules – combining the schedules of different areas into an alarm group is possible.
- Immediate, automatic adaptation of changes in the on-call schedules at runtime.
- Overview of fault frequency and fault causes, as well as efficiency of the measures taken via documentation, analysis and statistics functions.
Regulate BMS systems with minimal effort
Building management technology is comprised of many heterogeneous systems, such as lighting, heating, ventilation, etc. These systems can be conveniently switched on and off with the i4SCADA Scheduler: The module allows automation of switching operations for specific days, weeks, months and years. The switching programs can be edited and monitored independent of location via a uniform user interface – thus i4SCADA Scheduler relieves your employees of routine tasks.
Functions of the i4SCADA Scheduler
- Extensive planning tools for easy creation, project planning, and management of switching programs.
- Clear depiction of all switching programs down to the process level.
- Implementation of exception policies via alternative programs.
- Combination of multiple programs into templates that can be reused for similar switching operations.
- Easy integration of existing systems via open interfaces.
Reliable protection against system failure
The scenario that users fear most is that a single system component will fail and thus bring the entire production process to a standstill. In some industry sectors such a standstill can cause damage that runs into the millions. With i4SCADA Cluster companies can be protected: At all times the module monitors whether server applications, communication channels and components of the overall system are running smoothly. In the event of a fault, i4SCADA Cluster immediately changes over to a server running in parallel, so that high availability of the application remains ensured.
Advantages of the i4SCADA Cluster
- Simple, dialog-driven creation of the cluster environment.
- Avoidance of double hardware, through use of available resources.
- Uninterrupted production through hot-standby and immediate, automatic changeover to the backup server in the event of a fault.
- Parallel data storage, as well as automatic synchronisation between primary server and backup server.
- Convenient management of redundant systems via a web front-end.
Connection in the Azure cloud
With the i4SCADA IoT Manager local i4SCADA servers can connect directly to the IoT hub in the Microsoft Azure cloud and exchange data. In addition to online values from PLC systems all alarms and messages, as well as data from the i4SCADA Historian, can be transmitted to the IoT hub.